From This Old House, Clearstory is a window that sheds light on the surprising stories behind our homes. Host Kevin O’Connor digs into the systems, structures, and materials in our homes from unexpected angles. Will future skyscrapers be built out of wood? Why is the American Chestnut heralded as “the perfect tree”? Did the Romans have a better recipe for concrete than what we use today? How will we build on Mars?
You’ll hear from Richard Trethewey, Tom Silva, Jeff Sweenor and the This Old House experts, as well as industry leaders, historians, and builders. Clearstory—your home in a new light.
Listen and learn more about each episode of Clearstory
Peek into episodes from the latest season:
- Episode 1: The Post-Pandemic Home
- Episode 2: The (Second) Rise of Concrete
- Episode 3: Our Perpetual House Guests
- Episode 4: Life on Mars?
- Episode 5: The Perfect Tree?
- Episode 6: Healthy Homes
- Episode 7: “Plyscrapers”
- Episode 8: Urban Resilience
- Episode 9: Materials Around Us
- Episode 10: Home in a Kit
Ask This Old House Podcast
If you’re a fan of Ask This Old House on TV, you’ll love the Ask This Old House podcast. Hosted by This Old House Editor Chris Ermides, you’ll hear from home enthusiasts around the country, who ask questions about the toughest projects in their homes. Learn from trusted This Old House experts, including Tom Silva, Richard Trethewey, Jenn Nawada, Heath Eastman, Charlie Silva, Ross Trethewey, Mauro Henrique, and Mark McCullough, who share tips and tricks to help listeners tackle their home improvement projects with confidence.
Listen and learn more about each episode of the Ask This Old House Podcast
- Episode 1: Fixture and Fan Installations
- Episode 2: Weed Killers
- Episode 3: Fixing Peeling Paint
- Episode 4: Attic & Roof Insulation
- Episode 5: Prepare Plants for Winter
- Episode 6: Protecting Ungrounded Outlets
- Episode 7: How to Hang a Bedroom Door
- Episode 8: Landscaping Tips for a Steep Yard
- Episode 9: Matching Brickwork on a Historic Home
- Episode 10: Saving a Sinking Kitchen Sink
- Episode 11: How to Hang Holiday Lights Outside
- Episode 12: Updating a Tired Bathroom
- Episode 13: Fixing Sinking Patio Pavers
- Episode 14: Installing AC in a Historic Home
- Episode 15: Replacing Wood Stair Treads